About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Sunday 23 November 2008

A nice afternoon

Yesterday a group of us girls met at Amanda's for an afternoon of stitching. It coincided with Mrs Martins cyberstitch.

There was some very yummy food thanks to Amanda.

Cyber stitching Nov 2008

Cyber stitching Nov 2008

Here we are looking very industrious.
All except the other bloggers who were up taking photos......Granny Loz is taking photos of the food.

Cyber stitching Nov 2008

Amanda made all of us a lovely present ........ thanks Amanda.

Cyber stitching Nov 2008

I even did some stitching which is unusual as I usually talk to much......I did one of Viv's other Christmas patterns.

Cyber stitching Nov 2008

19 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Leanne,
Great post of our lovely afternoon at Amandas .... how yummy were the lemon cup cakes!!! I too even managed a bit of sewing. It was lovely catching up with everyone. Hope to see you at Hetties on Sunday.
Cheers Sue

Teodo said...

Fantastic and sweet meeting.............and wonderful embroidery.
ciao ciao

Lorraine said...

it was a nice afternoon......and Amanda did a great job as hostess ....it was great to catch up!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh you didn't mention the cupcakes were lemon - yummy
lisa x

Simone de Klerk said...

The food looks GOOD! Love the stitchery too.

Cicero Sings said...

The food looks decadent! Those cupcakes works of art.

Ha, ha ... talking too much. I can never get anything done when I go to the guild gatherings ... I'm too busy listening!

Looks like a fun time.

Locket Pocket said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish I could have been there too!!! Lucy x

Jo in TAS said...

I never get much done at gatherings, far too busy chatting! Looks like you all had a lovely day!!

Ally Jay said...

Sounds like my kind of meeting. I love going anywhere where there's food and craft going on.

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful day...and a wonderful stitchery...

Sheryl said...

What a perfect way to spend a Sunday, sewing, chatting, and the most delicious looking cup cakes... have to get that recipe.
The strawberry looks really cute and Viv's stitchery looks like it might be the start of something very nice....

Unknown said...

Looks like you all have a Nice afternoon..who wouldn't with those Gorgeous Cupcakes...
cheers

Jenny said...

Good food, good company, time to craft-what a lovely way to spend the afternoon-your stitching looks great

Cheryl said...

What an absolutely perfect day you had. Beautiful stitchery you are working on!!!

Jeni said...

I would have been so happy sitching ,,,and eating those yummy cakes...and great company..
jeni

Teresa said...

Looks like fun and I had to laugh at your saying the bloggers were busy taking photos. We had a gathering at my house last night, and the two of us bloggers both had our cameras, but had so much fun we forgot to take pictures.

Now those cupcakes are interesting - do you cut out the center and fill it with something yummy?

Anonymous said...

Wow the food table looks inviting! I like the embroidery a lot.

jodie said...

Yum, looks like a fun time!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne, I love Viv's stitchery's and find them so quick to stitch.Afternoon tea looks yummy. Regards Lyn