About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Sunday 9 May 2010

Slippers and Bianca

It is mothers day here today so hope all you mums have a great day.
I made these slippers from the recent Homespun Magazine and as I am a slippers fan I love them. They are quite easy to make and are very comfortable.

Homespun slippers

Homespun slippers

On Tuesdays I go to a sit and stitch group there is lots of talking and a bit of sewing.
The majority of us are my age(that's very young LOL).
One week Bianca turned up having seen a quilt in a book and wanting to make it.
She is young with a small child.
She is thin and trendy and I think she is very brave to endure us each week.
We have helped her along the way but to her credit as a novice quilter this is what she made.

Bianca's quilt

Bianca's quilt


17 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

Love those slippers! They are so cute!!!!

Congratulations to Bianca. Her quilt is fantastic, especially for a beginner.

seabreezequilts said...

Hope you have a lovely mother's day.

Isabel C said...

Woooau! Your slippers are really nice and the Blanca´s monkeys... very funny. Best wishes and happy mother´s day

Shirley said...

Wow, there is a talented quilter in the making. How cute are those monkeys ears. Those slippers look very snug and warm too.
Happy Mother's Day.
Shirl.

Anonymous said...

The little monkey ears are so sweet!

periwinkle said...

well done on the lovely slippers , think they'll end up on your " making for christmas" list

Lynda said...

Love your slippers - I've been tempted to make them and think I will add them to the list. The quilt your friend has made is fantastic - love the monkeys' ears.

Mary Ann said...

Congrats to Bianca!! Always nice to snag a new quilter, especially a young 'un!!!!
Your slippers are awesome, by the way!!!
Cheers!

julieQ said...

Such cute slippers!! I think that the Curious George quilt is great, and hard to believe a beginner made it!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love the slippers! Bet the are warm and comfy!

Karen said...

I just love the Monkeys!! Me thinks I may just have to do it for myself!

Claudia/Ompompali said...

I am completely smitten by those slippers! So beautiful! Do you think you could give me the number of the magazine so I could search for it here in Germany? I would love to make those slippers for myself. Thank you so much! Greetings from Germany

Jenny said...

OMG!!!!Those slippers are divine!LOVE them! That quilt too is just gorgeous-good on your new young friend

May Kristin said...

Love your slippers! I've had an eye on them as well, but haven't decided on making them yet!
Congratulations to Bianca, she made a wonderful quilt! And I'm sure Mel love the quilt!

Levin said...

i love those slippers - they are so cute.
i still miss my quilting class - mainly because i don't get that dedicated sewing time.
bianca's quilt looks great
l
x

Meggie said...

Oh my goodness. You have had such a lot of 'happenings' since I was last here!
good you you!
Love megxx

The Great Aunt Sheryl said...

I love, Love, LOVE those slippers! Where can I find a pattern for them?