About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Sunday 22 May 2011

Random stuff

I finally got around to finishing a quilt for Sean. He wanted a quillow I am yet to make the pocket. Not a great photo the wind was blowing.................. this quilt caused me problems from the start it is a really easy quilt when you cut enough fabric........... which I didn't and it went wrong from there. It is the same fabric range as Lucas' quilt. It is even more appropriate for Sean as it has a sea theme.

A quilt for Sean


Quilt for Sean

I couldn't help myself I went into Borders while I was doing the work banking and left with this.
Being a bit of a bag lady I couldn't go past it.
I am sure I will be making something from it very soon.

New book

How lucky are the kids of today aren't these just the best sprinkles.
Gemma came over and cooked some cup cakes last weekend and had these to go on the top.

sprinkles

I made this little basket as a shop sample it is from "ink and spindle". Lorraine is going to stock their kits this is one of them. Their fabric is lovely I have one of their cushion kits waiting to be made. I have the same fabric.

Little basket

Little basket

If you are not fond of spiders perhaps signing out now would be a good thing.
I am fairly sure it is a Golden Orb Weaver.
It has been at my sisters house for about a month getting bigger and bigger.
They are fascinating to look at. The small spider on her abdomen is the male.










Rose's spider

Rose's spider

12 comments:

Kris said...

Love the spider! And those sprinkles are pretty amazing! You did well to get those quilt photos today. My son said it was so windy his house was whistling. Great quilt and bag!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Great fabrics for a boys quilt...I made a quilt for my son a few years back and struggled to find fabrics suitable. Looking forward to seeing the bags you make from the book. and of course I loved your spider pics, how tiny is the male spider, very interesting! pretty sure we don't have that spider here is Tassie
Lisa

May Kristin said...

The quilt is just perfect for a surfing guy!
Amazing spider photos, Leanne, but I don't think I would like it to walk over me...
The little basket is cute, and I really look forward to see what you will make from your new book!

periwinkle said...

His new quilt is just lovely and I love the little fish fabric . Not a big fan of spiders at all but had to have a peep , huge size difference isn't there .

Shay said...

Love the quilt!

I have one of those spiders at my house. Miss P walked straight into the web yesterday morning and kept slapping herself for about an hour after, hoping the spider hadnt dropped into her clothes...

I avoid book stores...it's just like waving a red flag in front of a bull. Great looking book and Im sure you'll get a ton of use out of it.

Have you seen the sprinkles you can get in the states...good grief.I'd be in cupcake heaven!

seabreezequilts said...

OOOh yuck that spider brings back memories. when I was a teenager I took a t-shirt of the line and put it straight on and there was one of those in the t-shirt, I thought it was a leaf and pulled it out. I can feel it on my shoulder now. Quilt looks great, still haven't made anything from the book yet, but it is on the to do list.

Cindy's Stitching said...

The quilt is beautiful. Love the bag also. Spiderman can stay with you :)

Lorraine said...

You did better than me with getting pics outside.....I gave up...and took a couple this morning (inside)....so they aren't very creative shots! The spiders are amazing aren't they....we have had a couple in the garden here at work and I have been meaning to take the camera out there...but it hasn't happened..! The reason I fell over a month or so ago is because these spiders were everywhere along my usual walking route and I changed it to avoid them...and so I blame them.....LOLOL...their webs are like super glue....eeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuww!

Karen said...

Love Sean's quilt. How did the Where's Wally quilt finish up? I decided to make, guess what, a bag out of my Wally fabric.Just a basic tote for work.
That spider is truly vile, we often see them out on our trail runs. I've never stopped to have a photo shoot with one.

Carolyn said...

Love the spider! Great fabrics for a boys quilt.

Silver MLM

Dunski said...

Hi Lea,
I have Kerry beside me being a bad influence as usual. I just saw the photo of Miss Australia in Scandi from 1981, ooops scary.
She has her new blog site, she forgot how to use the old one and I couldn't follow. The new one is Dunski's Place.
My name is Lisa and I am at home sick, so Kerry has made me carrot cake to put on weight.
I have a blog Kerry said I should tell you about if you would like to view. My dream is to have as many followers as you. How did you do it?
I am launching a website and 2 online magazines in September, one on Celebration and one for children. Kerry has just suggested that maybe my website could link to help selling and distributing your creations as gifts for sale. (Kerry is praising herself)I have a gift boutique that will be on the website, so I am open to suggestions.
We also have the support from Queensland Tourism and more praise to Kerry for her friendship.
My blog is Treasuresofagiftbox.blogspot.com
Please let Kerry know what you think.

Kerstin said...

The fotos are great, but the spider....iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.....

Grüße
Kerstin