About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Saturday 12 April 2014

A quilt for Kylie

This lovely lady became an aunts for the first time last month so of course a quilt was called for.

She went and picked out the fabrics for this very cute quilt.

 

All the left overs were used in the back, which meant that I only used one length of fabric for the back as the quilt is 58" square so no scraps from this quilt.

 

Of course it had to have a label.

I bought a sample pack from Maze and Vale, Leslie's fabrics are lovely.

Just enough in each sample to make some luggage labels, I like to have some of these on hand they make sweet handmade gifts.

A bit of sharing ...... I fashioned these out of wire coat hangers they are the most useful hooks when taking quilt photos I just use a pin to attach them to the back of the quilt and I can hang it anywhere.

Like in the tree above.

 

 

10 comments:

Susan said...

What an adorable quilt Leanne! I love the simplicity of the piecing and the stripey binding is perfect! The rolled up quilt shot makes me smile!

Locket Pocket said...

That's a gorgeous quilt Leanne! Was the baby a girl or boy? Either way it's perfect!! X

Sue SA said...

Such a cute quilt and love the fun scrappy back. Luggage tags are a great gift idea/suitcase identification aid at the luggage carousel.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh thats a lovely quilt.........

Cindy's Stitching said...

really pretty. what great colors. you did an awesome job.

quiltygal said...

Beautifully sweet quilt Leanne & gorgeous photos as well xxx

quiltygal said...

Beautifully sweet quilt Leanne & gorgeous photos as well xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous quilt Leanne ...I am a sucker for a stripey binding!!! Those hooks are a great idea - I am often struggling to take pics of quilts when I don't have a "holder-upper" handy! Love those luggage labels!!! Did you make your own pattern?

Lynda said...

Love the quilt Leanne - beautiful fabricc and colours. I like a pieced backing too - love to use up as much of the fabric as I can. Ver clever hanging tools.

Jenny said...

beautiful quilt. It sounds as though she will be a very special auntie. She is lucky to have you as her quilt making clever friend. Love your invention of the quilt hangers