About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Friday 20 June 2008

Some finished stuff

I've been doing a few bits and pieces I made this pin cushion as a gift for a lady who has been stitching with us on Tuesdays for the last few months and is now returning to England. It is a great pattern and very quick and easy. I could also practice my free motion quilting on it.

Pin cushion
I found the pattern here.

I also finished stitching this..... it is really cute as is most of Natalie's stitcheries.

Stitchery

Here is the inside you can use it to put your threads, a small cutting mat and all your bits and pieces in.

IMG_3270_2_1

The pattern is a Cinderberry Stitches pattern called "A stitchers's Treasure"and I got it from Hetties Patch.

21 comments:

Crafty Things said...

Wow - some more terrific creations! Thanks so much for sharing the links.

seabreezequilts said...

Hi Leanne, your version of A stitcher's treasure is lovely. Must get down to Hetties and pick up the pattern

Stina Blomgren said...

I love them Leanne!!!
Have to get me Natalie´s pattern...and I love tea...tooo...can´t be without it...so it have to perfect for me!!!

Ally Jay said...

I love the fabrics you've used.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the shape of the pincushion - it looks really stylish! What a great idea - I need to practice my machine quilting.

Chookyblue...... said...

great gifts you made for your friend.....

Levin said...

you've been busy. i love the bits and pieces holder and the pin cushion. i was at hettie's on tuesday and i nearly popped in to say hello but i was in a great hurry. maybe next time.
l
x

Melanie said...

Awsome project!!! When this pattern makes it to the states I'm definitely going to pick it up. Love your fabric choices. Were the instructions pretty easy tounderstand? Your needlework looks just perfect with it. You'll have to show us a photo of it all filled up.

Ruth said...

Ooh, I like both the Stitcher's Treasure and the pincushion! Too cute!

Kris said...

Yes! Those are great fabrics -the ones with the stitching.

Locket Pocket said...

What lovely creations! Your mini quilt is nearly ready too! Lucy xx

Sweet P said...

Both of your projects are lovely! Thanks for the link to the pincushion. I need to make some for some swaps.

Anonymous said...

lovely pincushion - believe it or not i don't actually own one !
lisa x

Kim said...

I like this "sewing book"...I have the very same fabric sitting here on my cutting table. It looks great sewn up like this!! Thanks for the pin cushion link.

Beertje Zonn said...

Thank for the links, Leanne.
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
from the Netherlands

Lorraine said...

I have just finished the stitchery for the Stitchers Treasure and was hoping to get it finished this week but my sewing machine is going away for a service (much needed) so I will be restricted to hand sewing until I get it back...I have added this project to my five to finish by the end of July challenge! Love the fabrics you have used Leanne! the pin cushion is lovely....I still need to get mine finished for the swap with Linda......

Grazia said...

And it's really a treasure!!!!!
I love Nathalie's pattern...they're so cute!!!!
Ciao Leanne!

Helz said...

Just Luv your choice of fabrics in 'A Stitcher's Treasure' Leanne a pattern I need to accumulate I can see...

Cara said...

Your sewing book is just awesome! I love the pin cushion too ( I have made that pattern to practice my free motion too! : )) BTW your little person above is too cute! Can't wait to see the finished project Thanks for sharing!

May Kristin said...

Love both the pincushion and the sewing book! Your fabric choice is lovely! Great gifts for a friend!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work !!!!
I loved everythig...
Kisses