About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Tuesday 29 July 2008

A little bit of Loxton

On the weekend I had 3 lovely days in

Loxton July 2008

I had a great time with Gail, Leanne, Rosalie & Viv and lots of old friends from last year....... a big thank you to Trish for hosting the weekend and feeding us.

Loxton July 2008

On Friday we made one of Rosalie's dolls.......Rosalie was a great help and stuffed and painted shoes & faces for us here she is with Tiff - Trish's daughter who had the day off school to stitch with us we were sure she learnt more with us than she would have at school........that may not have been a good thing.

Loxton July 2008

Meredith waiting for her shoes to dry.

Loxton July 2008

On Saturday we were to make a quilt with Leanne....here is Julie cutting out her vines.

Loxton July 2008

and Leanne helping Anne .....she used the raw edge applique technique to make a wall hanging.

Loxton July 2008

we also had show and tell....this is Gail's lovely Christmas quilt.

Loxton July 2008

and Viv's Christmas table runner......

Loxton July 2008

Rosalie bought lots of copies of "The Gift".....it had been a long day ......Viv is taking a quick nap in the back round LOL.

Loxton July 2008

I was up early and had a walk .......it was cold.

Loxton July 2008

some of the locals.

Loxton July 2008Loxton July 2008Loxton July 2008

Megan had to cut down on her talking....... she had 2 dolls to make for her girls

Loxton July 2008

On Sunday our group was glad we had Gail and Viv for stitcheries we weren't capable of doing much else...............Here's Annie making out she is working hard

Loxton July 2008

Look I've done this many rows....

Loxton July 2008

Gail & Dawn

Loxton July 2008

It wouldn't be a trip away with out Mel.....here he is over seeing Danielle and Julie

Loxton July 2008

Just checking out Georgette and Megan.... sorry girls not a great snap...

Loxton July 2008

Just having some fun with the lollies in the corner....believe me the lollies were far to close and yummy

Loxton July 2008

and finally I found him chatting up this rather lovely doll....I don't know where this was heading.....

Loxton July 2008

So in all it was a wonderful weekend full of friends, stitching, chatting and eating....... catching up with other bloggers...Lorraine-Dawn-Amanda.

41 comments:

Cathy said...

What a great post!!...Sound like you had a ball...Looking forward to seeing your finished projects!! Cathyxx

Sue said...

Hi Leanne, Great photos and report of the fantastic weekend in Loxton. Your group looks like they had a lot of fun as we did out in the back room. Amanda and I had the best time and it was a lot of fun spending it with Granny loz as well.The girls and Tricia did such a great job. LOXTON WAS GREAT IN 2008!!! Cheers Sue

Leah said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time - lots of UFOs to take home too?

Anonymous said...

Oh what super photos! Loved seeing them!

Leisa said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Did you get your projects finished? Hope you are well and the winter isn't just too bad down your way.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Looks like you had a top weekend!! Love all the gorgeous crafting you did. Glad to see that Mel chaperoned you.

Crafty Things said...

Looks like you had a fun-filled weekend. Mel looks very cosy with his new friend.

Melanie said...

Looks like a weekend with Movie Stars!!!!!I can the you had tons of funs and loads of great memories... Thanks for sharing with us....

Teresa said...

A fun weekend with good friends - sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Your friends are so very talented!

May Britt said...

Oh.....I wish I was there. So many lovely projects in one weekend. I understand why you all are smiling at the photos.

Jane said...

What a dream weekend

Mar said...

Great pics of all the girls, looks like you all had a fabulous time!

Cicero Sings said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all!

I do hope you warned that cute little doll about Mel's ways! He better take it easy on the sweets too ... wouldn't want him to become diabetic or anything!!

Mrs Moog said...

Your weekend looks like so much fun and very productive too!!

So glad to see Mel went along to make sure you behaved yourself ;)

xxx

Christine said...

Great photos, Leanne. Looks like lots of fun and nice to see Mel getting in on the action, too.

Kris said...

Fantastic photos. I read Lorraine's post and felt like I was there, and I feel like I've been there twice now after reading your post! What a wonderful weekend. Hope your week is as wonderful!

Unknown said...

Great pics from your weekend Leanne...Glad you all had a Good Time.
cheers
maree

jacquie said...

Looks like an amazing 3 days with some talented ladies. And Mel behaved for the most part!

Dawn said...

It sure was a great weekend, I am so glad I have now met you, agter reading this blog for ages. Lots of laughs, yummy food,great company,fabric and more fabric....now to finish the projects before I start on the patterns that I bought. I have a great photo of Mel and Georgette too that I will post later on this week.
Hugs
Dawn x x
P.S. Thanks for the pic - I hate pics of me...it makes me feel old....Oh I am old I forgot...LOL or should I say aged..

Helz said...

*Divine Weekend* @ Loxton I would say by the look of your snaps Leanne... Good for the Stitcher's Soul !!!

Locket Pocket said...

Oh I am as green as Mel with envy over your wonderful weekend! How I wish I could have been there too! Lucy x

Unknown said...

It looks like you all had SO much fun! and you were all so productive and creative. Glad to see that Mel was able to oversee the fun!

Grazia said...

What a great week end you had!!!!!
Wonderful!!!!!!
Kisses to Mel!
Ciao
Grazia

Vanessa said...

Sounds like a wonderful retreat. I love your photos too, they made it all come to life!

Chookyblue...... said...

what a fantastic weekend you have had at Loxton..........love all the pics.........

Jo said...

Great photos Leanne,looks like you had a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne (and Mel!) lovely photo - not! Great to catch up with you again, had an fantastic weekend. My sides still hurt from laughing so much...

Georgette

Sarah said...

Oh this weekend sounded like so much fun (and so intense with all those GREAT designers). You are SO LUCKY.

annapaola said...

one week end very very beautiful..
friends, job and... love for patchwork..
ciao
ciao
anna paola

Teodo said...

Leanne great pics and great friends and great works.
I like Mel with the dolls, now he has a lot of girls.
ciao ciao

Sweet P said...

Everyone looks like they are having a wonderful time, especially Mel!

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh oh oh...love the pictures of your Loxton days...FUN...and some more FUN wasn´t it...thanks for sharing...loved to look at all things in the shop too... :o)

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing your fun with us. What great photos and wonderful projects everyone was working on. Really love that vine quilt that Anne was making. Looks like it was made with charm squares .... so cute!! And that Mel, he really knows how to have a great time :-) !

Laci said...

great post and it looks like you all had a fantastic time!

You and Mel have been nominated for a kreative blogger award, so please check out my blog when you get the chance

Thanks!

Lorrie said...

You all look like you're enjoying yourselves and being very creative at the same time.
A weekend to treasure in memory. (and UFOs)

Lorrie

Ally Jay said...

Looks like a really fab weekend. So many wonderful things going on. All those fabrics. Heaven.

Anonymous said...

Such fabulous photos!!!!! (you may have noticed we stole one for Rosie's blog - hope that was OK???!!!!) It sounds like you had an amazing weekend and I wish I could have been there - maybe next time!

Levin said...

looks like you had an amazing weekend. the dolls look fabulous. i don't think i've been to loxton. i should go - i have it on good authority that there is a good golf course there so david and i would both be happy!
l
x

Bimbimbie said...

You must have been like a kid in a lolly shop ... all that fabric of every shade and design *!*

Amanda Jean said...

looks like an absolutely fabulous time!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.