About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Tuesday 3 February 2009

My World Tuesday # 5

IT'S HOT
but I am not allowed to complain(that was for Granny Loz) as I whinge about the cold all winter long.
I had intended to show something other than water pictures but when we have had a week of Temperatures in the 40C range water is a good thing.
At 7am when I go for my walk there is lots of activity on the lake.

A week of hot weather

A week of hot weather

some more serious than others.....I think the wind drag on the coxes hat might be a down fall.

A week of hot weather

A week of hot weather

now you know why the cox has to be small.
Gemma coxed while she was at school she was perfect for the job small and bossy as Lucas would say.

A week of hot weather

This girls eight rowed towards me without much gusto......... well it was hot

A week of hot weather

they turned the boat towards the edge of the lake and.........
some laid down

A week of hot weather

others examined their blisters

A week of hot weather

soon I thought they might all lay down

A week of hot weather

we are in drought conditions here in South Australia up until a couple of years ago this overflow always had water in it with ducks and water birds enjoying it....... now it is dry.

A week of hot weather

trees are dying.

A week of hot weather

this week has even tested my good old aggies soon all my garden will be a big brown patch of dirt.

A week of hot weather

If you would like to travel around the world without leaving your chair head over here.

20 comments:

periwinkle said...

ooh I could never be a cox - too claustrophobic. Nice arms on the 2nd guy from the front :-)
lisa x

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

OOOH yeh its hot I can tell by the DRY plants and trees, but ROWING thats a great thing to do! I have been rowing for years in a 8 and 2 and a sciff (1 person) very nice way to see the water , and 'blisters'yes that too:)

MyWORLD in HOLLAND is cold with frozen canals and a windmill, or maybe do you like skating? Or watch my CROWM-story:) smile!

I welcome you to visit my blog here:
www.joannwalraven.blogspot.com

JoAnn/HOLLAND

EG CameraGirl said...

The lake photos are wonderful! Sorry to see so many plants dying due to drought.

Guy D said...

I am so envious of your weather, fantastic shots by the way. Have a great week.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Leanne: Those were neat photos of the rowers. What a shame to have trees dying. We have just the opposite problem up North.

Lorraine said...

No - you are right you had better not complain..LOL...after all the complaining you do during the winter....! I think I am getting used to the heat..38 seems like a cool change! We have lost quite a few trees in the garden...older established trees - which is a pity.....the street trees are shedding leaves as they are stressed.....they make an eerie sound at night when they swirl around in the breeze..Loved your pics of the rowers.....I could never be a cox....although I am bossy enough and used to be small enough....way too claustrophobic!!

soulbrush said...

just loved these pics....thanks for visiting my blog too.

Jane Hards Photography said...

It's about to snow and I see these gorgeous sport shot in the hot.

Janie said...

Great pictures and commentary on the rowers.
It does indeed look hot and dry. Hope you get the needed rain.

Bonnie said...

Cool pictures of rowing. My first date with my dh was to go paint the boathouse! And, our son also rowed. Nice to see the world through our quilting blogs! B.

Unknown said...

Well they don't look too hot, in fact the water looks very inviting. Hope it cools down for you soon.

Sorrow said...

As i write this, snow is coming down in soft little flakes..
the pond is iced over, and not even the gmones are rowing.
To hot for Mel to go walking about?

Catherine said...

Some good action shots...is the drought still continuimg??

Trudi said...

My heart really goes out to you....Mum said it's nearly too hot in the pool for swimming as they have to keep the cover on when not in use to reduce evaporation! Hope you get some relief soon.

Chookyblue...... said...

hope you aggies and others survive.........i have lost a whole garden before and it is heart breaking but life goes on and I replanted and extended........and I love it all again.........goodluck......

Reader Wil said...

Oh Leanne, how awful is this heat wave! I do hope that Australia get some rain. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wish it was a bit warmer here, although 40 c. day after day...That's just to hot! I hope the weather cools down a few degrees and you get some rain soon.

Gattina said...

OMG what a heat !! can't you send some over here it's too cold !

Cicero Sings said...

Oh, it is TOO hot down by you! I'd take the cold any day. Loved all the pictures. I'm not knowledgeable about rowing ... now I'll have to go and read up on what a cox actually does!

suz said...

I feel so bad for all of you going thru this heat wave and losing your gardens and trees. It has to be so hard. We're having a snow storm right now - the snow is blowing sideways! Can't wait for spring, even a New England spring.