About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Tuesday 23 June 2009

My World Tuesday # 17 North Haven Beach

It is cold here in South Australia and fortunately we have had some rain but we still manage to get some lovely winter days.
We went for a walk on the beach at North Haven.

North Haven Beach

North Haven Beach

Lots of interesting things to see.

North Haven Beach

North Haven Beach

When I was young I loved playing in the seaweed piles...... these made perfect places to hide.

North Haven Beach

North Haven Beach

Interesting rock.

North Haven Beach

Little people enjoying the water.

North Haven Beach

North Haven Beach

Perhaps they should have been at school but a surf sounded better.

North Haven Beach

Although it was sunny I was pretty confident we wouldn't run into one of these it was still rather cold.

North Haven Beach

If you would like to peek into other peoples world head over here.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. So many interesting finds you captured in your camera. Thanks for showing them to us.

Sylvia K said...

Your photos are fantastic! And what a gorgeous place! Would love to spend a few days there myself! Love the words in you header, too!

James said...

Great pictures I really love and miss the beach. The sounds,smell everything.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Hi Leanne,
thanks ever so much for the beach walk, just what I needed today,

PatchworkRose said...

So Glad you love the beach too. Photos are wonderful. We walk along Grange/Henley beach every night. The sunsets have been fantastic. The moods of the sea in Winter are many vaired and wonderful. I never take for granted the priveldge of living so close to the sea. It is in my Blood as I was born on the beachfront. :-))

Guy D said...

Excellent shots Leanne, the first pic is my favourite.

Have a great week
Guy
Regina In Pictures

SandyCarlson said...

Very lovely views. You make me hungry for the sea. That snake sign is a new one on me.

Dorothy said...

I enjoyed seeing your world! Beautiful!

Arija said...

I love coming to your blog, always in the hope of castal shots since I love the sea and live on the eastern foothills of Mt.Lofty.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Rain or not looks so beautiful to me. No wonder so many Brits want to head you way this year.

alicesg said...

Very beautiful scenery. Must be a nice outing there.

Inday said...

Wow! Never got a chance to see your coastline. But these photos are sure good bets for the next possible opportunity to see SA again. Who knows?

Unknown said...

Even in winter, the beach is an interesting place to go..

Lovely shots !!

Cicero Sings said...

... and such an interesting part of the world you live in! Lovely photos.

Myra said...

Great photos! Looks like a lovely place to spend the day... Were those actually "piles" of seaweed!?! I'm a prairie girl, so that is very foreign to me... 8-)
Great photos of the kangaroos also! Wonderful!
Mel looks like he could get himself into trouble if not constantly watched hey!?! lol...

ruth said...

TGreat photos. I am so jealous I wish I was at the beach right now.

Teresa said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, both beautiful and interesting.

Hanne said...

Hi Leanne :-)
I have enjoyed a lot of your photos while sipping my morning tea. Thanks for sharing all your lovely photos - you are a very skilled photographer.

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely pictures you shared with us, Leanne!

periwinkle said...

those are definately some big seaweed piles , don't think I've ever seen them like that before ..

quiltygal said...

Hi monkey mum :) how are you? hope you have locked all the sharp stuff away from Mel ....we dont want him hurting himself !!! .....can't believe how nice the days have been but its still pj's & heater by 4ish ...or is that just me I'd live in my pj's if I could....Have a nice week...

Julie said...

Great pics, can't believe the seaweed, I've never seen anything like it.

julieQ said...

Thank you for sharing these, I love the natural forms of the shells and rocks.

Jo said...

Hi Leanne;) I love your blog and your beautiful photos. Very interesting take on objects. Well done.

dutchcomfort said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures. I always love to wander around the beach!