About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Monday 7 June 2010

Bunting and Boomer

Thank you to everyone who left me a comment on my last post.......... blogland is a very supportive place.

017_2Bunting for Poppy

My friends daughter had a beautiful baby girl, I made a bunting. I love this fabric the dragon flies and the snails are so cute.

Bunting for Poppy

Bunting for Poppy

We have just come back from a weekend down at Boomer, the weather was terrible.
The annual surf carnival for Nick was cancelled.
There were lots of rainbows excuse the power lines but I was in my nightie and slippers which are not designed for wet weather so could only go out on the balcony.

Boomer

Boomer

Boomer

Boomer

What does a family do when its tooooooo wet and cold to go outside ------ play board games sadly I lost every time.

Boomer

Even when it is freezing Sean can manage a surf.

Petrel Cove

Petrel Cove

Petrel Cove

Crazy, cold family - well except Sean.

Boomer

Sunday night the kids had left and gone home Tony and I went for a walk dodging showers as we went.

Boomer

Today was a little brighter so we walked along the wharf at Goolwa it is nice to see some more water in the river.

Goolwa

Goolwa

Goolwa

Goolwa

Goolwa

Goolwa

Goolwa

Goolwa

We watched this man launch his boat then head off fishing with his dog.

Goolwa

I think his dog wanted to drive the boat.

Goolwa

Goolwa

Goolwa

18 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Thanks for sharing those awesome pictures! Your part of the world is so beautiful!

Locket Pocket said...

Stunning photos Leanne! Lucy xx

Sue said...

Great photos Leanne. Sounds like a fab weekend I hope you got to do some sewing as well. I hope there is a nice fire/heater at the house. Im very envious would have been lovely just kicking back doing a bit of stitching!!! Pleased that you managed to get a walk in today. I went for a walk at Pt Willy yesterday and it was rather fresh and there was a couple of showers so we got a bit wet but it was still enjoyable. Have a good week!!
Cheers Sue

Linda said...

All I can say is...beautiful, beautiful. Your pictures are so soothing to my eyes. The bunting is so very cute. I love it! This is my first time to your blog, thanks for sharing!

julieQ said...

OH, I wish I could be in those pictures...right there! Thank you for sharing them with everyone. Hope you had a most wonderful time! Our birds right now on the beach are covered with oil...from the Gulf oil spill.

Shirley said...

Hi Leanne,
Lovely bunting, very cheerful. I almost feel like I was there with you. I love rainbows and you have photographed some beauties. The rugged coastline is so like Cornwall's coast. Sounds like a good time despite the weather.
Love Shirl.xx

seabreezequilts said...

Love the pictures Leanne, especially the ones of the boats on the water very tranquil. I have ordered prints of a couple of mine from snapfish they had a deal going on, its nice to have real pictures once in a while.

Kris said...

We do live in a beautiful world, don't we? Lovely photos, especially Goolwa.Haven't been down there for a while. Must go while there's more water in the river!

Lucky-1 said...

Having grown up around the shacks at Port Augusta in the school holidays......... I love those beach photos.... I can smell the sea air:)

Thanks for sharing them with us:)

Lorraine said...

Great pics.....the beach is fabulous in winter...and I know how you LOVE the cold weather!! LOL

Sue-Anne said...

Fantastic photos Leanne! I love the bunting - what a great idea for a new baby and I love the name "Poppy".

Levin said...

we had a cold and wet weekend away too - but it was still good to get away. i love the rainbow shots - they are beautiful.
l
x

periwinkle said...

great bunting, perfect for a little girl. It goes with the rhyme .. What are little girls made of, Slugs and snails and puppy dogs tails :-)

Nicky said...

Love your bunting (I was in the shop when you were picking out the fabric) Where do you get the alphabet letters from?

Jenny said...

I tell you those surfing boys don't feel a thing-we do the shivering for them! Great photos-hope you are feeling well:)

Meggie said...

I did enjoy sharing your photos! Thankyou.

Clara said...

Astonishing pictures and the photo of the header is breathtaking. Enjoy your week, Clara.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the bunting Leanne, it looks really beautiful in Poppy's room!