About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Sunday 8 January 2012

41C = time in the sewing room 2

This idea has been in my head for quite a while it took our recent hot weather to get it out. I wanted a strap for my camera where I could could wear it over my shoulder and it be wide enough to make it comfortable and have my camera sit on my hip. I also wanted 3 pockets one for my lens cap, another for my phone and another for my keys and some money.
The wonderful Amy modeling the strap.

new camera strap

phone pocket and lens cap pocket.

new camera strap

phone pocket

new camera strap

zipped key/money pocket

new camera strap

I am now set for camera walking in comfort.


18 comments:

Lorraine said...

Perfect! Great work Leanne....will you be making a pattern for this?

Liz said...

I was thinking of making a long one the other day, it drives me mad that it's just not long enough. there is a womens strap for sale at camera house but it's really expensive, it does look comfortable though. love the fabric you've used...
Lizzie
xxx

Shay said...

Oh my goodness...what a brilliant idea!

Sue SA said...

What a great idea, perfect for being the tourist overseas and perfect for just being out and about at home...hands free! (not to mention that ladies clothes never have enough pockets, if any at all) Now if the fairies could just write those pesky patterns for you! Go on, we will cheer you on, promise! Happy quilting Sue SA.
PS I think Kathy at MO would be a big fan of this pattern.

seabreezequilts said...

Ok I want one. How much?

jodie said...

I am assuming that the sewing room has air conditioning, as I don't know how you can be so creative and productive in 41C heat. Great work, I love it.

Sarah said...

Good stuff!

Lynda said...

That's an excellent design, Leanne. I'd like to buy a pattern too.

Lynda said...

That's an excellent design, Leanne. I'd like to buy a pattern too.

Debbie said...

Yes please, I was going to try to make one as a few of the ladies in our Flickr group have them, without pockets. What a great idea. They had leather on the edge and I didn't know if my machine would handle it. Looks fantastic.Are you going to make up a pattern for it?? Count me in too please.

Cubby House Crafts said...

You are one clever lady...Just love it!
Lisa

Simone de Klerk said...

Great design and has everything you need to take along with you. Love it!

Shirley said...

Leanne you are so clever. What a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne ...
Just LOVE your camera strap! Excellent. May I please order one along with the bag same as what I bought from the Grange market eons ago? I've been AWOL from tuesdays, but fully intend to get my mojo moving again. [I've been rather unwell over an 8 week period leading up to and including xmas :(] Looking forward to catching up with everyone soon!
Cheers ....
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Leanne do you sell these, as I would love one for my camera. What a wonderful creation, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

...oops, forgot to say my email address is lyn.ront@bigpond.net.au.
Cheers, Lyn

Julie said...

That's a wonderful idea!

Jenny said...

I love how your great ideas actually turn into really wonderful real things!You are clever