About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Saturday 7 January 2012

41C = time in the sewing room

It has been hot here in SA which means time in the sewing room. I THINK I saw something like these in a Mollie Makes Mag some time ago. I went to the op shop and bought the jumpers a while a go and they have been sitting folded in a draw patiently waiting.
I am really pleased with how they turned out better than I had expected. The first one took a little fiddling getting the top right and the second one was super quick. The jumpers cost $3.00 each and I used buttons from my tin, some of which came from my Gran.
I did buy 2 buttons from Hettie the lovely red rose buttons they were the big spend at $5.00.

7/365

tea-pot


14 comments:

Pip said...

They are a clever idea, love all the buttons. I have been hibernating, very little sewing, lots of reading.

jodie said...

very cute, I like them, buttons too.

seabreezequilts said...

Love those. Are they from The Teacosie Book? I need a proper tea pot I think.

Shay said...

Gorgeous Leanne ! Those buttons look wonderful and add a touch of whimsy that is incredibly appealing.

41 is the pits !

Kris said...

They look fantastic! Yes, a cool cave is definitely the place to retreat to when it gets unbearably hot!

Roseanne said...

They look good on the tea pots. My nan always had a Teacosie on her pot. I just love a pot of tea reminds me of spending time with my nan.

Deb said...

Leanne they are fantastic. What a brilliant idea.

Susan said...

Very sweet! Your tea will stay cosy!

Shontelle said...

So cute!! What a great idea. I love the red one. When can I pop in for a cuppa? I'll bring the scones. xx

Cicero Sings said...

What a cute idea! So clever and don't look all that difficult.

dutchcomfort said...

Never seen anything like this before, so fun and clever!
Is it that hot in SA? We don’t have much of a Winter, it’s raining and we had a lot of storm and danger of flooding caused by the high water levels.

Tatkis said...

Cute and beautiful tea cosies! Great work!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Sue SA said...

Yikes you do well to think of HOT tea when its 41c! After all that rain yesterday and humidity its nice to not worry about the garden or me wilting in the heat!
Love the buttons, too cute on red wool.

Jenny said...

too cute