About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Monday 26 October 2009

A finish - Spring and other things

Back in July I went to a workshop in Loxton with Anni Downs it was a most enjoyable weekend. I finished the project, a note book cover some weeks ago and haven't posted a picture. I really enjoy Anni's projects I had her "A Christmas Story" so decided to make the "naughty & nice" wall hanging for a friend she has three children(it will drive her mad with the constant moving of names from the naughty to the nice tag). I have really enjoyed needle turn this time around.

Anni Downs projects

Spring is here early morning sun on the first flush of roses.

Spring

Spring

Spring

Poppies

Spring



Spring


Spring

Some weeks back I posted how disappointed I had been with what I received from Amities VIP mail outs. I wrote to them saying much the same. I received these fabric in the post last week which is more in line with what I had expect and seen when I originally joined.





19 comments:

Susan In Texas said...

It's good to know that Amities was so responsive. Maybe they were just having a few off weeks. 8)

Susan

Meggie said...

So glad you got some satisfaction for you trouble. I am a firm believer in letting people know if something is less than expected.
I do so love your flowers! Those Poppies remind me of a childhood garden I knew, once.

May Kristin said...

Great finishes!
I'm happy you had a better experience with Amities this time.
Your poppy photos are awesome!

Sarah said...

I am pleased to see they actually listened. Gezz they really thought they get away with it?

Good stuff with all your completed projects!

Simone de Klerk said...

Love the 'good/naughty' wall hanging! And the roses and posies are so pretty. We have to wait another half a year to get those back in our garden.
I am glad you received new fabrics!
Have a lovely week.

Mrs Moog said...

Beautiful photos Leanne - those poppies are stunning.

xxx

periwinkle said...

your water lily header picture is just awesome - wow. As for your naughty nice , I just got to get me one of these -- love it , not so sure my boys would as they would definately be on the naughty button at the minute lol

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Anni Downs AND Kellie - WOW lucky you indeed! and I just love your flower photos, the poppy is so delicious, and the roses... well superb!

Shontelle said...

Awesome new photo Leanne! Hope you're having a good week xx

Kris said...

Loving the waterlily photo! The reflection is just beautiful! I really love waterlilys. (I have a Lily. We always crack up when anyone says, "Would you like a drink of water Lily?" My last three kids all have names that can do such word jokes. Completely accidental and very funny the first time we ever said it and realised the joke!)

Jean said...

That's great that things worked out! I had that problem with a pattern... (I probably told you this!) anyway I contacted the pattern co. and they sent me a coupon for a "free" pattern!
Being as we got our first taste of
"snow" this week... ahem.... I'm rather envious of your beautiful flowers!

Teresa said...

Gosh, those pictures are truely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your flowers look amazing! Glad you had some satisfaction from Amitie.

Jenny said...

Good old Amitie! The photos are lovely as is your Xmas patchwork. My roses got vert burnt today:(

jacquie said...

ahhhh spring. we're heading into winter, so i'm enjoying the quick spring feeling from you. pretty finishes too!

Quiltingranny said...

Hello! Please stop by my blog for a wonderful quilty giveaway that includes Moda fabrics, quilting books and more and is open to bloggers in Australia for the first time since my giveaways:
http://quiltingranny.blogspot.com/2009/11/novembers-giveaway.html

Vintage Sandy said...

I just found your blog and love it your photo's are beautiful I have friend's who live in Adelaide would love to visit someday...nice meeting you and keeping showing your beautiful photo's!!

Hug's
Sandy

Helz said...

Totally Gorgeous Waterlily Shot !!! &&& I now know how much I really need to grow some Poppies next season... Beautiful.

julieQ said...

I am glad they listened to you! I love seeing your flowers...it is fall time here. Looks like you had some wonderful stitching time!