About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Tuesday 20 October 2009

A work shop with Kellie

On the weekend I went to a workshop with Kellie from "Don't Look Now" at Hettie's Patch(head over there for some more photos). I didn't actually take part in the work shop I was number 2 helper. Karen who I forgot to make a name badge for was number 1(sorry a 100 times over Karen).

Workshop with Kellie Oct 09

To see Kellie's work up close was fantastic.



Workshop with Kellie Oct 09

This Christmas tree quilt is amazing the photo does not do it justice. Lots of girls left with this pattern.

Workshop with Kellie Oct 09

Workshop with Kellie Oct 09

Workshop with Kellie Oct 09

I loved this little pillow which I might give a try as I had my eyes and ears open while I was helping. I have plans for it other than a pillow.

Workshop with Kellie Oct 09

There was a lot of glove action happening.



and banana woman was also playing along.

Workshop with Kellie Oct 09

and there were just those who didn't conform.

workshop with Kellie Oct 09

Karen who I forgot to make a name badge for(can you tell I'm really sorry), has been hand appliqueing one of Kellie's quilts. It looks fantastic.

Workshop with Kellie Oct 09


20 comments:

Andi said...

How stunning is Kellie's work?
So precise and perfect!!
And isn't she just one of the nicest people EVER!!!
Looks like some beautiful work came out of the workshop.
Glad you all enjoyed yourselves.
Andi :-)

Lynda said...

I am so green! I suppose I could fly over to SA again to attend a workshop but it would be so wonderful if she'd come to NSW.

Roseanne said...

O what lovely work. Look like every one was busy with there heads down sewing. The sewing is very fine work.

Simone de Klerk said...

It looks like you had a perfect weekend! How wonderful, that you were allowed to help and be a big part of this! Loved the photo's on the other blogs too!

Frau Putz said...

That is the most amazing quilts I've ever seen.
Actually I've never seen anything like it before - not in Denmark, anyway. Or maybe I'm not enough "into quilting".
I'm so impressed! Must have taken forever to make these things.

But... what's with the gloves??? Puzzled me.

Thanks for sharing this. I'm SO inspired, even though I think I'll never have time to do anything like it myself.

Chookyblue...... said...

sounds like a wonderful time...........being a helper would have been great fun too......so long as you got a few tips......

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohhh.. so much fun!!!
Thanks for posting all the wonderful pictures... I love Kelies work.. but still havent had a go on them... sigh.. but I will .. someday..lol...

SewLindaAnn said...

I just ordered 2 patterns from a USA online retailer of her patterns. You are so lucky to have such a fun opportunity.

Meggie said...

How lucky are you, to be with the great Kellie for a class! I just adore her work, she is so talented.
So glad you all had funXX

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Beautiful work all around!!

Lorraine said...

it was an awesome weekend.....Kellie is such a talent...and to have the opportunity to attend a two day workshop was fantastic! Well done to Lorraine and the helpers....!

Jean C. said...

I'm thinking that now if you make her a batch of "name tags"... in all sorts of shapes, sizes, colors..... she won't have any reason any more to give you a hard time! If you make a whole bunch... and then each time you see her... give her a new one! After a while she will have to forgive you right? LoL....
The quilts are wonderful! Just beautiful! Not so sure that I have that much patience!
Congrats on your new machine! Kind of like a new member to the family right? Did you name it?

dutchcomfort said...

I love Kellie’s work! I have some of Kellies patterns which were featured in Australian Homespun! So bright and happy!
How wonderful to have been a part of the weekend!

Julie said...

Stunning work. Love Kellies designs, how lucky were you to be there.

Levin said...

wow - there was some pretty amazing stuff happening at that workshop. i can't believe how clever you guys are.
l
x
ps i hope karen has forgiven you - i have ;-)

Beth Karese said...

Kellie is such a talent!! She must be a good teacher too because the students' work looks great! How neat.

Annie said...

I would love to try some of that - her work is stunning! Lucky you to be up close and personal.

May Kristin said...

Would have been great to be there!
Her work is stunning!

Mrs Moog said...

What a wonderful workshop. Kellie's work is so beautiful - must be great to see it in real life!

xx

Jenny said...

Just amazing-everyone looks so focussed-looks like a great workshop