About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Sunday 8 August 2010

Ballina & Byron Bay

Today saw Tony and I spending the day in Byron Bay. I was beautiful and I was warm we rang Gemma in Adelaide as we sat and looked at this view and she said she was cuddled up by the fire. It was just perfect.

Byron Bay

Byron Bay

Byron Bay

Byron Bay

This is the view from our apartment.

Byron Bay

This is another view.
Perched on top of that very ugly communication tower is

Byron Bay

THIS.
I think it is a sea eagle.

Ballina - Lennox Head

Yesterday we drove to Alstonville this was a sweet old pub in the main street.

Alstonville

A flower I have not seen before.

Alstonville

Friday we had a look around Ballina and Lennox Head

Ballina - Lennox Head

The whales are on the move we saw some more on the way home today.

Ballina - Lennox Head

Ballina - Lennox Head

Ballina - Lennox Head

Ballina - Lennox Head

IMBallina - Lennox Head

Ballina - Lennox Head

Ballina - Lennox Head

Ballina - Lennox Head

Pandanas (could be spelt wrong) trees are every where.

Ballina - Lennox Head

This is such beautiful country where rain forests lead down to long beautiful beaches.

Ballina - Lennox Head

For Sean.
Not sure if these are good or bad waves ?????

Ballina - Lennox Head

This was this afternoon at Lennox Head.

Lennox Head

Tones thought he might hire a long board for an hour and give it a go LOL.

Byron Bay

Across the boarder into Queensland tomorrow.

19 comments:

jodie said...

I don't know the name of that flower, but my mum has some. you are in my corner of the world now. there is a patchwork shop at Tweed Heads called Patchwork Dreaming 83 wharf street, tweed heads. never been to it, don't know what it is like. There is one at Mermaid Beach called Patchwork Pantry, 2520 Gold Coast Hwy, Mermaid - have been to this one, but it was years ago. They are a Janome dealer, so only a small shop, but were very friendly. Looking forward to catching up through the week.

Stina Blomgren said...

I am so enjoying all your photos Leanne... you do live in beautiful country.. hope to have my dream come true one day for a visit in Australia!!!

Lorraine said...

glad you are getting some warm weather.....the view from that sea eagle's nest would be priceless! We spent several months in that part of the world when the kids were small........so it's a while ago now....great scenery...thanks for sharing.....it was cold and (now) wet today......so enjoy the sunshine!

seabreezequilts said...

Now that is just darn cruel. Showing all those people in bathers when. Sewing went well today, and Viv didn't get to stressed.

dutchcomfort said...

Leanne, you save me a lot of money. I don’t have to buy a ticket to OZ, I enjoy your pictures so much, it feels like really taking the tour with you!

I hope you benefit from the warmer weather up north! Safe travels!

Susan In Texas said...

What a nice, deep lovely beach. Your pictures are amazing. I would have guessed (and it's only a guess) that the sea eagle is an osprey (if you have them in Australia). I want to ask you, how much zoom do you have on your lens? I rented one that went up to 300 last week to try it out, and it just didn't zoom enough for me, and the 500 was soooo $$$$ and sooo heavy!

I also really enjoyed the picture of the berries; what are they? The picture of the surfboards was wonderful too; it really makes me want to go on vacation!

Susan in Texas

Teresa said...

Absolutely breathtaking pictures!

Karen said...

OMG! I'd sell my grandmother for just a little bit of that warm weather you're having. It's bloody FREEZING here.

Susan said...

What great photos. Makes me wish I wasn't down south in cold old Melbourne- where winter seems to last forever!! Have a great holiday! Suz

teal said...

nice pictures..i really want to visit byron bay is having very nice beach houses

Cristina said...

It's all beautiful, beaches, deserts ... must be a wonderful country. I look forward to see more photos.
kisses from Spain

Molly (Penny Wong) said...

Looks like you are having a good time Le-lanne. Surf looks fun, I would have been out there for sure. Drive safe. Tell Tones his dreamteam is useless. - Sean

Shirley said...

Lovely photo's Leanne. Could do with some of that sunshine at the minute. The English Summer is doing it's typical routine of dreary rain.
Have fun.
Love Shirley.x

quiltygal said...

Lovely pics...so pleased that you are having a great time...

periwinkle said...

wow, you really are having the trip of a lifetime and all your pictures are awesome - I'm so glad you are sharing it with us :-)

julieQ said...

OH, Leanne!! Thank you for these pictures...they are so refreshing, just a breath of cool sea air!

Chookyblue...... said...

did you tell them it is winter..........you sure found a warmer place then mine..........

Batiklover said...

Thanks for the wonderful pics....In So. Cal. the unknown flower is called a Matchstick Bromeliad.

funkystyle said...

What a nice, deep lovely beach. Your pictures are amazing. I would have guessed (and it's only a guess) that the sea eagle is an osprey (if you have them in Australia).Byron Bay Apartments