About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Friday 13 August 2010

Just so you know I haven't just been sight seeing

Kerry's place

However I haven't been doing this either.
This is a work in progress by my friend Kerry, she is very talented.

Kerry's place

Kerry's place

Here she is hard at work.

Kerry's place

It is the floor to their ??? I'm not sure what it is, in their back yard.

Kerry's place

This is their lovely garden.

Kerry's place

This is where I have been sitting

Kerry's place

making these.........I have caught the hexagon bug from shirley

Hexagons

Hexagons

now in my head they are going to become a large quilt.........but perhaps I am only dreaming.

Hexagons

Hexagons

I have finished this little project for the shop.
The pattern is by "Patchwork by busy fingers"
I did change the stitchery though.

Paper piecing

paper piecing

We are heading up the mountain(Tambourine) today to have lunch then we are leaving my friends and heading north.

19 comments:

Trudi said...

That sunshine and warmth looks SO good. I would love to trade places even for just a couple of hours! Your hexagons are looking lovely too- keep up the good work!

seabreezequilts said...

Hexies are looking good you should have a nice stack by the time you come back. Is it nice and warm there ... no don't tell me I couldn't bare to know. More Bloody freezing here going to be 13 one day on the weekend.

julieQ said...

What a pretty place to stitch! I really like her patio floor...lovely.

Kris said...

Lovely fussy-cut hexies! Just beautiful. As is that tiling! I love it. (Your friend is an artist) Enjoy Mt Tambourine!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful garden! Wow! Your hexies are so sweet and that pillow is just darling. I love the little chickies!
Your friend's mosaic tile is absolutely gorgeous. What a great idea!

Chookyblue...... said...

good to see you finally did some stitching "work" on holidays.....the hexies looks great........

Cubby House Crafts said...

Lovely hexies! Love the stitchery of the girl birdie with bow...how cute!
Lisa ʚϊɞ

Susan said...

Pretty fussy cut hexies- this is going to be lovely! Pretty tiling too!

Shirley said...

The hexies look fantastic Leanne. I am sewing all the fillers at the minute and it is taking ages to do.
Love your friends garden and her stunning mosaic. Beautiful stitchery too. Glad you are enjoying the sunshine.
Love Shirley.x

periwinkle said...

wow, that is an awesome garden - I'm quite jealous and your friend is very clever . As are you with those cute little birds . Good luck with the hexagons

Sue-Anne said...

You look like you are having a wonderful time. I love the photos of the coast and your friend's house looks like a resort! It must be so relaxing sitting out in the warm sun stitching hexagons - they look gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your travels with us.

Locket Pocket said...

So much cleverness in this post! The mosaic is fabulous and I love how you have matched all your prints in your hexagons! And where did you get the bird stitchery? It's gorgeous! Lucy x

Susan In Texas said...

Those are the cutest hexagons I have every seen. I love how you have managed the pattern two different ways to give two very different sets of hexagons. Lovely! And your friend is going to have one fabulous outdoor patio when her mosaic is complete. Wow! But it makes my back hurt just looking at her doing it. 8)

All the best,
Susan in Texas

Unknown said...

These photos are ossom. I have no words to say anything.

jodie said...

I love hexagons..... I have a pentagon project that hasn't seen the light of day for some years.

jodie said...

I love hexagons..... I have a pentagon project that hasn't seen the light of day for some years.

Anonymous said...

Hey there ! I hope you got back to West lakes without too many water problems !

Well...dah dum !! I have completed the Mozaic !!!!!!!!!! yey !!!( umm well I think I have...as I am now considering having a darker grey grout - although Martin ( my mentor ) disagrees. I think he just wants it over and done with !!It looks pretty good.

Will get out and take some snaps tomorrow with my new Percy.

LOL .. Its ME by the way.. I can't remember at this time of day how to comment as me !!! ( TYPICAL )

dunnskisplace said...

Hey its me again..the real me!!

ronald eddy said...

Its beautiful beaches.I can't wait to go there.