About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Sunday 10 June 2007

Journaling for the artistically challenged


I have had a great morning, apart from wondering about the safety of my son who has gone camping with some mates I have been sewing. Some month ago I watched a DVD by Leanne of Leanne's House about journaling. I really liked the idea and thought I would have a go. Sadly my writing is something from junior primary and to put it straight I'm not that artistic. So I decided to make a journal that I could use with the help of the computer. I bought a 4 ring folder and came up with a design for the back, front etc. I used a pattern for the stitchery from Leanne as I have the pattern for her "Journey of a Quilter" quilt. The text I used the computer and the back came from me. Here it is, it turned out really well to my surprise I can now print the pages on the computer. But that will be my next post.


The Front Cover



The Back Cover



The inside with pocket



The front and back

2 comments:

corry said...

What a beautiful book cover you made!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome, welcome, welcome Leanne to blog land! We are so happy you have arrived! This journal is simply lovely - so cute! Cant wait to keep up with all you are doing here! =)