About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Friday 25 April 2008

ANZAC DAY

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them".

Project 365

Gemma & I went to the dawn service this morning it was a lovely still morning. We go to Semaphore which is on the beach I go each year and am amazed at how the numbers each year are growing.
The numbers of people who are attending is growing and the number of diggers is getting less and less.
An old plane does a fly by through the service and it always makes me think of those men and women who were fighting, that eerie sound could have brought joy or fear. Fear of another bombing raid or joy that their own men in the air were looking out for them on the ground.

Anzac Day

The sun slowly came up.

Anzac Day

The service finished.

Anzac Day

We went for a walk out the jetty.

Anzac Day

We shall remember them.

On a lighter note Cathy (Highland Quilter) was the name that came out the hat/cooking bowl. Cathy can you send me your snail mail address.


9 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your ANZAC pics were very moving. We are going to a service this arvo with my 89 year old grandfather (4 generations will be there). I have a batch of ANZAC bscuits in the oven now. Lest we forget....

Cheryl said...

Very beautiful pictures.

Sorrow said...

Love the photo's of dawn, Perhaps we are learning to connect and hold onto our lessons??
One can only hope!

Ally Jay said...

We shall indeed remember them. I took part in the Anzac day Parade in devonport yesterday and felt incredibly awed standing there. I am extremely grateful to those men and women for without them I wouldn't have been able to stand there.

Locket Pocket said...

I'm really impressed by how well you all celebrate ANZAC day - it sounds very moving. Lucy x

Mrs Moog said...

Lovely photos Leanne. It is so important that we do remember all those who fought for the freedom we enjoy.

xxx

Anonymous said...

Your photos are truley moving. We spent anzac day at our local RSL with many of our veteran friends. I always cry during the march. Our life is so different thanks to all those who gave their lives and their youth to us. Lest we forget. Rosalie.

Teodo said...

Very nice post Leanne.
I like to know the traditions around in the world.

Wonderful your table-runner.
ciao ciao

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous sky photos!