About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Monday 28 April 2008

Blogging kindness

A few weeks ago a left a comment on Melanie's blog about her thread holder. I said I would get Lucas to have a look at her holders and get him to make me one. Melanie kindly parceled one up and sent it to me along with some lovely material, the generosity amongst bloggers is amazing. Thank you Melanie.

IMG_2489_1_1

I have put it straight to use.

IMG_2493_2_1

I was also luck enough to win a give away from Rose and these arrived today. I am considering myself very lucky.

IMG_2495_3_1

If you are interested in tutorials visit this blog in is Portuguese but Mindi adds links to a variety of blogs with tutorials there are some very interesting projects, Mindi contacted me regarding my thread holder.

13 comments:

Nicky said...

Sounds like it really was your lucky week! I am always overcome by the generosity, kindness and support of bloggers all over the world. What a lovely community we all belong to!
Nicky

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your week has got off to a wonderful start Leanne! That spool holder looks great - you will have all you cotton close at hand now. I like the snowman stichery - I have a thing for snowmen.

Mrs Moog said...

Your thread holder is fab - bloggers really are the loveliest people!!
I love your stitcheries. The little reindeer is very cute!

xxx

Locket Pocket said...

What lovely goodies this week Leanne! I'm not surprised you think you are lucky - you are!

Lucy x

Chookyblue...... said...

lucky girl.........

jacquie said...

I agree with everyone...the crafty blog community is wonderful. Look at how your thread is organized by colors. A spectrum of thread!

anne said...

wow you lucky girl, some bloggers are just soooooooooooooooo kind and generous with giveaways, sharing patterns and now a free thread holder. Lucky Lucky Lucky

Melanie said...

I'm so excited to see the thread holder stocked up...How wonderful. Enjoy your patterns. Rose is working on a new BOM set that I'm purchasing when it hits the US outlets.

Teresa said...

Very nice gifts and prizes you recieved. I also read your post about ANZAC Day and did a little research on what this day was about. It is very similar to our Memorial Day. The history about the Australian & New Zealand forces fighting in WWI was very touching and your pictures that you put on your blog are beautiful.

julieQ said...

What fun mail! Love your thread holder, I have one very similar...full!

Teodo said...

This thread holder is fantastic..........and yes you are a very lucky girl.
ciao ciao

Grazia said...

It's a wonderful thread holder!!!
Thank you very much for the link...

Levin said...

fabulous thread holder - it's a lovely idea and i love the thought of being able to see all those lovely threads - such beautiful colours!
looks like you have had a good week. - the stitcheries look great.
l
x