About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Saturday 12 April 2008

Kindness Matters

For quite a while now I have admired a stitchery I have seen on Cheryl's blog. I emailed her and asked if she had a pattern for it and where I could get it. Cheryl emailed me back saying she had been given the stitchery by a friend and she didn't have a pattern for it. Cheryl was kind enough to send me a photo of it and here is mine, I love it. I am slowly collecting things for my "Stitching Room" which I will get when Gemma moves out in a few months. "Kindness Matters" will be put away until then.
IMG_2358_1_1

Thank you very much Cheryl.

To answer a few questions the punch I used for my butterfly collage was bought from Big W for $8.00 it must be Australia wide as Lisa had bought one in W.A.
I will struggle with crafty things to show for a while as I have a swap present to make and 3 PIF gifts to make and a 100th post coming up soon......... you will have to endure my nature photos for a while.

23 comments:

julieQ said...

What a wonderful sentiment, and how true! Your work is so nice.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Lovely stitchery - It will look great in your "Stitching Room". My sewing room doubles as the guest room and with my in-laws arriving today for the school holidays, I have had to relocate my machines to the laundry. It gave me the excuse I needed to better organise my ever increasing sewing supplies!

CONNIE W said...

It looks great! I love primitive stitcheries such as yours with the small berries. I'm sure your room will be really special!

Cheryl said...

Leanne, your stitchery looks great and the frame is perfect! It's going to be perfect in your stitching room!!

Leisa said...

Beautiful stitching as always Leanne - but look at those pears under their cloche in the background!!!

May Kristin said...

Beautiful stitchery, Leanne! Those words should be a reminder for us every day!

Mrs Moog said...

Your stitchery is beautiful Leanne and a beautiful sentiment too!

How lovely to be getting things ready for your very own stitching room :)

xxx

Heleen said...

This is beautiful, and so are the words!

jacquie said...

Kindness matters...so simple, but so powerful. I'm making PIF gifts too. Having lots of fun with it!

dutchcomfort said...

Wonderful Leanne! Kindness matters indeed. There is a lot of kindness in crafty blogland!
Gifts are on my next list, lots of gifts! Great idea to post nature photos while sewing! I love to see them too! i may borrow you idea!

Sorrow said...

Oh.. I like that...Thank you! it's a wonderful inspiration to share!
looking forward to the photo's!

Unknown said...

Love it..just love it...and absolutely true!!!

Stina Blomgren said...

Just wanted you to know that the comment above is from me...I didn´t see that my daughter have been signed in before me...and I just pushed the button...sorry...anyway..love your new stitchery...

Anonymous said...

thanks for letting us know about the butterfly punch. I can't wait to give it a go :)

Chookyblue...... said...

kindness does matter like the beautiful poem you shared with me .......very much appreciated.....

Beertje Zonn said...

Beautiful stitching as always Leanne.
Kind regrads

Sonnja
Beertje Zonn

Lorraine said...

That will look great in your sewing room...I am so pleased I have a room just for me....looked like I may lose it when my daughter was thinking of moving home last year...she was lucky enough to find a house to share so I didn't have to move out (of my sewing room that is!) And kindness does matter and what a lot of it there is in blogland!

Nicky said...

What a lovely stitchery. I think my mum is waiting for a sewing room to "become available" too.
Nicky

Grazia said...

A very cute stitchery!!!!
I will think about your next stitching room.....hoping my son will go away too.....:):):)

Locket Pocket said...

I'm still very envious of the idea of a sewing room! Can't wait to see what you are up to!!! Lucy x

Levin said...

a perfect sentiment.
there definately should be more of it in the world - although i find there is a lot of kindness in the world of bloggers.
have a great week - don't work too hard!!!
l
x

Anonymous said...

Very cute stitchery!!! How exciting about a "stitching room"!!! Reminds me I need to get started on putting together my studio!

Christine said...

Lovely stitchery. Look forward to seeing it in your Stitching Room.