About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Thursday 12 July 2007

365 Challenge



I have decided to keep a photo journal of the year which will go with my 365 challenge quilt. I had originally put a photo in the quilt
but after some thought have decided not to add any more. I think if I
have to wash the quilt(not that I intend to) the photos will
disappear. I had made some labels the same way and they did not wash
well. The black ink is permanent but the colour ink isn't. I have
started printing off photos of important days eg. My sons 18th
birthday, my daughters 21, my nieces wedding. I have made up a special
album which I will store with the quilt for the future. The top photo is the front cover.

The next photos are the inside cover, I have covered up some of my personal info for obvious reasons.

I have not completed the back cover I'm still thinking about that.

8 comments:

Leisa said...

You continue to amaze me with the beautiful work that keeps popping up on your blog - do you ever sleep??!! Keep it up, I am really enjoying seeing your creations.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great idea Leanne! And beautifully made!

Anonymous said...

Lovely idea Leanne. On my list for today is making a journal for my in-laws to finish after their trip to Canada & Alaska next month.

Locket Pocket said...

That journal is lovely Leanne - I can't seem to find those clip ring journals over here. I did buy a lovely spiral bound brown paper album recently but I'm too scared to write in it - I don't have the confidence to be creative on paper and I'm worried I'll ruin it or bore myself with what I write in it!! the other thing is I hate my handwriting - I wish I was like Leanne Beasley with her honest open handwriting that looks so lovely!

Wendy said...

Your stitchery is absolutely amazing, I love it! The basket cover is adorable. Do you know how I can find a pattern for the "Thread Bin" too cute to resist.

dutchcomfort said...

What a lovely idea! How do you manage to have time do make a journal of a journal ....?

Sarah said...

What a great idea Leanne!! You have done a great job! I have made one similar - The Quilters Journal :)

Juliann in WA said...

Catching up on my blog reading and found this post. What a great idea to make a journal for this quilt.