About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Sunday 1 July 2007

Wet Sundays


It is a cold wet Sunday I was going to take some photos of my latest WIP however the light is not good so will do it another day. I walked down to the lake at the back of our house and took this photo. It makes the weather look much better than it is. I love the pelicans , they can be quite aggressive and at times they can really bother the people who fish in the lake. I love it when they come into land and skim on to the surface of the water and then they flap their huge wings to take off again.






I made this table runner a few months ago it is paper pieced and I really enjoyed making it. The pattern was from Australian Patchwork & Stitching. In the magazine it was made with Xmas fabrics. It was such a portable project and I could piece it even when I was tired at the end of a working day. I find some things difficult to to sew at the end of a work day.

4 comments:

May Britt said...

I'm so happy I found your blog. I remember you asking me about my pincushion, but some way I lost your blog. Now you're on my bloglines. You make such beautiful things. Your table runner is so adorable. And the little messanger bird is so cute. Would love to make such as friendship gifts. who is the designer of this bird??? I love it.

Leah said...

What a lovely runner :) I've enjoyed reading your blog tonight, and will return.

Darlene said...

I've just discovered your delightful blog! I adore the way you're making your 365 Challenge blocks.

I will be visiting on a regular basis!

Angie said...

I just found your blog, and I'm sooo glad I did! I love your 'shopping bag' with BH stitcheries on it!! :D I've added you to my bloglines so I can come visit you often. :)
Angie
www.threadcatcher.blogspot.com