About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Friday 6 July 2007

A great day sewing

A few weeks back I was at the Animal Welfare League's op shop and saw this great basket. It was a bargain at $5.00. It is one that is made by the Royal Society for the blind so it is really sturdy. I then thought I would do some stitcheries and make a lining. Today I made the linings. Here are the stitcheries they are by Bronwyn Hayes.


















They all became pockets.




















































The ladies became the side flaps.


















And this is the completed basket, with lots of inside pockets
.



21 comments:

Jo said...

Your basket lining looks fantastic - you have inspired me...

Gail said...

I love baskets and now it is even lovlier, you have done a great job, congrats!

Leah said...

That looks great - what a wonderful use of stitcheries!

Melanie said...

I'm a sucker for baskets. Love the lining, you are very talented.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful work Leanne - you are so talented!! I just LOVE those little bees in the stitcheries - how cute!

Jenny said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Wow! Love it!
You have a great blog. Thanks for the inspiration.

Darlene said...

It's darling!

meggie said...

Your beautiful basket lining has made that a real treasure.

Knot Garden said...

Beautiful embroidery, I love anything with bees on:) Gorgeous work.

Leisa said...

Your basket is absolutely beautiful - how clever of you to make that. Your stitching is so loveley.

Locket Pocket said...

Leanne that is amazing! Your work is so beautifully done - and you get things finished too!

picperfic said...

that basket is absolutely stunning...the beauty of it really has brought a lump to my throat! You are so very talented, your work is perfect! those ladies are just so funny and gorgeous! Clever you!

Chris said...

I love your basket lining! The ladies are awesome!
Chris

Chris said...

I can't stop looking at your basket!! I love the pattern. I have looked for Bronwyn Hayes patterns but did not find that particular one. Would you mind sharing the name of the place you found the pattern. I live in the States and I don't know if her patterns are sold here.
Thank you!
Chris

rohanknitter said...

Wow, this is amazing. You did a lovely job and I really like all the stitching designs.

Randi said...

This basket you made is fabulous!

Dannielle said...

I *love* this basket!!! Oh, I can't wait to catch up on projects so I can copy you!! ;-)

Patti said...

The basket is perfectly wonderful! What a wonderful tote it will make for your stitchery and other handwork. I would never have thought to do stitchery on the lining like that!

Barking Biscuit said...

I found your blog while tracing back where a PIF I joined came from. I love the stitchery you have done. I am trying to find the Bronwyn Hayes pattern you used for your basket. Would you let me know where you found it? Your work is beautiful!

Jeanne said...

What a gorgeous basket you have made!
I especially love your ladies on the flaps.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! Tutorial please!!