About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Sunday 19 December 2010

A family who makes reindeers together

laughs together.

Making reindeers

This afternoon Gemma and I did some cooking
but we also made reindeer which quickly became a family thing.

Making reindeers

it's serious work when Tony puts on his glasses

Making reindeers

Making reindeers

those damn antlers just wouldn't stay there

Making reindeers

and soon(actually it took quite a while) we had a herd.

Making reindeers

My friend Amanda and I are going to dip our toes in the Market pond.
In February we are going to have a stall at the Grange Twilight Market.
You will find us on Sunday February 6th - 13th - 20th between 5pm and 9pm at the Grange foreshore.
Do come say hello.
I thought I had better get sewing so last night while Tony was working and Lucas was out I whipped up another basket.
I love this owl fabric I wouldn't be sad if I don't sell this.

Bag

inside

Bag

This isn't for the market
Gemma wanted a bunting made for Adelaide who is 3
you have to love the little ballerinas.

Bunting for Adelaide

20 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Those reindeer look delicious! Will they all survive till Christmas...?

It won‘t take long before reindeer will take a trip to Holland. It looks a lot like Scandinavia here. 30 cm’s of snow already!

Love your owl basket!

Sarah said...

that is a great looking basket.

Oh and those Reindeers look GREAT!

Marg said...

The reindeer look great, and I love your basket.

Kris said...

Oh I was drooling over that fabric the other day. It is simply gorgeous!

I was intrigued by your title, and then laughed when I read your first line. It looks like fantastic fun and your reindeer are beautiful. Last year we made the candy cane, pipe cleaner, googley eyes reindeer, but yours look much more delicious!

Merry Christmas! I hope you and your family have a wonderful time. (Looking at the reindeer and thinking about your big red ribbons I'm pretty sure it's going to be a good Christmas at your house!)

Roseanne said...

How cut are your reindeers and all the family helping even more special.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a fun activity to do together! Your reindeer look fun and delicious. Love your latest bag - enjoy the preparations for your market.

Cicero Sings said...

I think you are an amazing sewer the way you can turn out such amazing things in seeming short order!

Loved the reindeer and best of all the good time making them.

May Kristin said...

Looks like you are having a great time together! Love those reindeers, and if they taste as delicious as they look... Hopefully you will have some left for Christmas! LOL!
Love your little bag, and especially the fabric! I have the same, but in cream. I'm not a big fan of owls, but I couldn't leave the shop without that fabric...!
Now I only need to find a good use for it!
Wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!

julieQ said...

Yeah!! Looks like great fun to me...I always wonderful where all the reindeer came from! Love your banner too!

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely family happening!
And the basket looks great (o:

Gillie said...

Oh my goodness, I would definitely come to say hello if I live a bit closer......! Love the reindeer!

Mary Ann said...

What great-looking reindeers...and your lovely family, too!!!! :o)
Have a wonderful Christmas all!!

Lynda said...

Such great family fun shots.

Levin said...

the markets sound great :) i will really, really try and make it.
BUT, those reindeer are even better - how cute are they???!!! we are definitely making some of those with the kids :)

Joy said...

Oh I just LOVE those little reindeer!!! I'm going to have to make some of those too :o).
Your owl basket is adorable, what fabulous fabric!!
Hugs,
Joy ;o)

Grazia said...

Your renideers seem to be delicious and your owl basket is so cute!
Merry Christmas Leanne!
Grazia

Teodo said...

Merry Christmas Leanne.
I eat a reindeer who made your wonderful family.
ciao ciao

Karen said...

The owl fabric looks great made up. I can feel a bag idea brewing in that.Love the reindeers ,great family get together. My friend Tracey bought Ginger Bread house kits from Ikea and had a similar family decorating day.

Jenny said...

What a lovely way to spend some time together-they are too nice to eat! You will do so well at the market:)

Jill said...

Hi Leanne, my dream is also to have a market stall. Good luck with it - will have to come on down and say hi to you. Your sewing is so beautiful I'm sure it will be a success. Have very much enjoyed reading your blog through the year and I wanted to wish you and your family a very happy Christmas. Might run into you at Hetties! Love Jill xx