About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Monday 27 December 2010

SSCS and a Sale

This is the lovely gift I received from Laila in ChookyBlues Christmas swap.
I was very lucky to receive this lovely bag.

SSCS gift from Norway

I think it is all the more special because it has Norwegian on it.

SSCS gift from Norway

A very cute thimble and 2 new projects for next year.
Thank you very much Laila
I loved my SSCS gift.
and a BIG thank you to the elf extraordinaire
ChookyBlue

SSCS gift from Norway

A Sale
Hettie's is having a sale and I was luck enough to pop in late on Christmas Eve as the girls were getting it ready and picked up this lovely fat 1/4 bundle.

Soon to be a quilt

I love these colours
not bad for $59.00

Soon to be a quilt

My SSCS for Ranette

SSCS gift for Ranette in America

SSCS gift for Ranette in America

The same bag in brown.......................... another gift for a friend.

Last minute gift

My breakfast
shame my food habits take a distinct plunge after such a healthy breakfast.
LOVE the colours.

My breakfast love the colours

15 comments:

Kris said...

I love the bags in this post. All of them! The colours are just beautiful! Looks like the SSCS was well worth joining again this year!

Nice fabric pick up at Hetties too. A sale, huh? Might have to get there.

Karen said...

Love the 2 bags you made, especially the brown one.The swap gift is too cute, lucky you.
A sale you say ?? When ?

Cubby House Crafts said...

Lovely gifts from your swap partner!
Your bag that you made for Ranette is just GORGEOUS...As I knew it would be!!
Lisa

Roseanne said...

Love the bags. The fabric is lovely. Your gifts are all so nice you was spoilt

Chookyblue...... said...

the bags are fantastic.........red and white just perfect for Ranette.........

Thanks for being part of the sscs 2010 yet again.........

Shay said...

There's just something about the word "SALE" that makes my heart beat faster.

Love the SALE fabrics. Beautiful (even without the word SALE in front of them )

The bags both given and received are lovely!

seabreezequilts said...

Love the brown bag. I have those fabric and was doing a quilt, it is under a mountain of other stuff now.

dutchcomfort said...

so many lovely bags! the red and white for Ranette is absolutely fabulous!

ranette said...

All of the bags are just so pretty, but I'll have to admit, I'm pretty partial to mine...lol I just love it and thank you again! SSCS was extra special this year.

Your photos are pretty too!

Lorraine said...

Great bags!! Will be coming in to check out the sale on Thursday.....hope to catch up then...I opted out of the SSCS this year...too much going on...but hopefully will be back next year!

Susan In Texas said...

Love the fabrics you got on sale. Laila did you proud too. Sounds like the SSCS was a big success again this year.

Happy quilting,
Susan in Texas

Levin said...

That's what happens to me nearly every day!!! I start off so well and then my diet ends up all downhill from there :(
How long is the sale for??? Not that I need any more fabric. Although I have started sewing and it does bring out the urge to buy fabric ;-)
I love those bags - especially the red one - your sscs was very lucky - as were you :)
l
x

Jill said...

Beautiful bags Leanne. Can I have you as my swap partner next Xmas??

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely gifts for you and lovely gifts for the one who received yours!

Kay said...

I, also, Love the bags you made? Is this a pattern you created or purchased? Details pretty please! Enjoyed the photos of your warm winter as it's FREEZING cold here in Nebraska USA. I needed to see some warmth and sunshine.