About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Friday 23 May 2008

PIF gift fron Sweden

While my computer was having major surgery I recieved my PIF gift from Stina.

IMG_2808_1_1

I was really pleased when I popped by her blog and found I was in time to join in I have always admires her lovely work.
She sent me the most wonderful parcel of goodies. Swedish chocolate is much nice than here. I must say I have been very generous and even shared it with the rest of the crew here.
Lucas remarked at how nice the card was and how nice Stina's writing is.

IMG_2810_3_1

When I opened it I was so pleased, what a lovely gift I am so lucky..... it is so beautifully made I love it....... so thank you Stina.
I took it with me to my stitching group who decided I had been exceptional luck in receiving such a wonderful gift.
I had to wait for some nice weather to take these photos.

PIF Gift

PIF Gift

PIF Gift
Look at how beautifully it is stitched and Stina has written along the inside flap...... it was rather hard to photograph.

PIF Gift

I emailed Stina to thank her and said I'm really bad at not using things that I love I tend to put them away safe just in case something happens to it. Stina replied that I had to use it or else she would take it back and give it to Mel to use as a pillow you can imagine the response to that .......

PIF Gift

PIF Gift

I had to wrestle it off of him and put it to use immediately. Will post a picture in a few days of it in use on the arm of my favourite chair.

26 comments:

Crafty Things said...

What a beautiful present to receive. I am sure you and Mel can share nicely. Definitely put it to use as then you will see the beautiful stitching a lot more than if you tucked it away somewhere safe. If it was tuck away in one of my somewhere safe places I would probably not be able to remember later where that was!!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely presents from Stina .......you are very lucky....and you have better get using it........

Gail said...

how gorgeous!!! I think I might just need one of those!! It may go missing if you bring it to Loxton LOL!!!

Cicero Sings said...

A very lovely gift in deed!!! Beautiful work. Yes, you use it! No point hiding it away. No point hiding ANYthing away. Enjoy it all while you can.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What lovely gifts - Stina is certainly very talented, her little embroidery is just beautiful! Enjoy using it Leanne.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you ! What a wonderful gift !

May Britt said...

You got a beautiful PIF gift. I'm sure you're going to use it a lot.

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohh...you better use the couch companion...ohhh...I laughed so my tears started to roll...Mel...I´m sorry...the gift is not for you..but I promise...take it(!)...if Leanne doesn´t use it!!!
So glad it arrived safely...

Locket Pocket said...

What a fantastic present - Mel seems to really love it!!!!

Elly D said...

WOW! Leanne you are one lucky girl. Such a beautiful present. Just love the stitchery on it. It's gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing with us. Ellyx

ps did you make Mel? He always makes me smile...Such a cheeky face.

jacquie said...

Stina does do beautiful work! This is wonderful. (Not as a pillow for Mel, though!)

Sorrow said...

How beautiful!
I love that monkey!
he always makes me smile!

Beertje Zonn said...

You got a beautiful gift.
Kind regards

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
from the Netherlands

Mad about Craft said...

A beautiful gift!!

Mel needs to keep his mitts off it, it's all yours!!

Kylie said...

what a lovely pif!

meggie said...

What a wonderful gift! It is true treasure, & so beautifully made.
Love the photo of Mel, thinking he will claim it!

dutchcomfort said...

What a wonderful gift from Stina!! The embroiderie is gorgeous! Please use it, it will be a daily joy to look at it!

Grazia said...

You received a wondrful gift!!!!
Also Mel seems to be happy with it!!!!

Anonymous said...

What lovely pressies, the bird sewing is amazing
Lisa x

Nicky said...

You were so lucky! The colours, stitchery EVERYTHING. Its much too pretty for the cupboard- you will have to keep using it!
Nicky

Helz said...

Such Lovely Stitching... Truly A Gorgeous PIF - They Bring Forth Smiles...

Kim said...

Stina is right, you need to use this treasure! I think we all need to start using our special pretty things in our daily living so we can appreciate the joy that they bring...this is why they are made, no?

Kim said...

PS: Stina did some gorgeous work here! I can see why Mel has adopted it for his new quilty friend, lol, it's just the right size for him to snuggle into.

julieQ said...

Such a wonderful hand stitched gift! Who is your model?? Is he...available?? hehehe

Sweet P said...

I love your gift from Stina. Tel Mel it's yours, not his.

Christine said...

You lucky, lucky girl. Stina's gift is beautiful. Glad to see Mel approves too.