About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Sunday 5 October 2008

What a week

Thank you for all your kind words and support regarding my friend..... we went out for lunch yesterday to celebrate our 50th birthdays...we are both 50 this year. It was scheduled for next weekend but the best laid plan change and she will be back in hospital.
This was our view.

On the stitching front I made this sweet Xmas decoration.

Xmas decoration

I'm still losing the battle with bloglines so I would like everybody to stop posting for a week so I can catch up. LOL
We changed our clock this morning wooo hooooo summer is close.

Some more of these over here.

Botanic gardens - Adelaide

13 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Leanne - I know what you mean about bloglines - I'm back to work tomorrow, so you should be right with me!! Love your dec.

Cicero Sings said...

Happy Birthday. 50 isn't so painful is it? ... at least I didn't find it so!

I was away for 5 days and catching up on blogs ... wow ... I feel like you ... stop posting everyone until I catch up!!!!

Crafty Things said...

Happy Birthday. Glad to hear that yuo are on the mend. I have just finished catching up with my back log of reading blogs after being away on holiday.

Lorraine said...

Happy 50th!!! seems like yesterday I had mine....and I will be 55 this year...yikes...where does the time go????? yes....summer is on it's way so I can start whining about the heat soon....! oh and daylight saving...LOL I should be on Grumpy Old Women I reckon...but I am not grumpy about everything....well not quite!

Ally Jay said...

Happy birthday. Please don't worry about responding, catch up when you can. I have just returned from Melbourne and was blown away by the city. PLease get well soon. Hugs and prayers for you and your friend.

Kris said...

I love the photo you took at the botanical gardens! The duck's wings and the mirror sculpture 'mirror' each other beautifully. Nicely done!

May Kristin said...

Hope you had a wonderful celebration! Beautiful view! And so is your christmas decoration!

Locket Pocket said...

It's amazing how quickly everyone's new posts can add up! I am terrified of ever stopping blogging even for a short time because I know I'll never catch up! Lucy x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous pics as usual, Love the last one with the rays coming through the branches. Will be thinking of your friend
lisa x

em's scrapbag said...

Happy Happy Birthday Leanne dear. May happy day come to you all year.

jacquie said...

50 and fabulous! calling a halt to posting...what a good idea...then maybe i can get caught up too!

Cathy said...

Hi Leanne, I know what you mean about catching up with bloglines!! I am making a big effort tonight to catch up...if you miss a few days you get behind. I dont like missing out on anything...Im a Sticky beak I suppose!! Cathy

Levin said...

Happy Birthday Leanne.
Lovely to catch up with you today. I spent a bit too much money but I truly think the end result will be worth it.
Hope your friend is okay.
l
x